Wow! And I thought I had nothing to Blog about!
Pavement, only my favorite band ever, have been hinting at getting back together. I have it on good authority that the following events have offered Pavement ungodly amounts of money to reunite:
- Ben Gibbard's Bachelor party. Ben has offered $12 million but insisted that they only play songs from Terror Twilight assuring that his and everyone else's minds will not be splattered on the walls of the strip club after being completely blown.
- Bonarroo Ontario. Canada's version of the hippy fest. Fun fact: do to trade complications they didn't even need to license the name!
- Feed Gary Young Benefit. I don't see this one happening.
- All Tomorrow's Parties NY. You're probably surprised that with Flaming Lips and Animal Collective already booked this would be happening. They actually just want Pavement to stand around handing out flyers for next year's show, which they would be headlining, under a different name.
- MTV Video Music Awards. An all-star tribute to 120 Minutes featuring The Happy Mondays, They Might Be Giants, Mazzy Star and Korn(reuniting with original guitarist Head).
- Leonard Cohen World Tour 2008. Pavement have been asked to back the singer songwriter for his tour of only the most famous opera houses on the globe.
- The Obama Inaguration. Along with the reunited Fugees. That's Barak's musical wheelhouse.
- An all star tribute to Creedence Clearwater Revival. Interestingly this seems to be the most likely one. Playing alongside Jeff Beck, 3 Doors Down, Travis Tritt, Throwing Muses, Drive By Truckers, Lee Scratch Perry, The Headlocks, Jewel, and The Stringcheese Incident. Seriously, when tickets go on sale just buy them, they will be added to the bill.