Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The Only 5 Blogs That Matter

So it's been proven over and over again that blogging doesn't matter. If it did matter the following would be all you would ever need.

5. Matablog - The label that made me an indie-rock fag and ensured my alienation from literally everyone in high school continues to insulate me from the outside world with snarky opinions and updates on seemingly literally all of my favorite bands going(Times New Viking, Jay Reatard, Fucked Up).

4. Letters To Your Former Employer - With the economy in disarray we can expect to have a lot more fodder for this expertly conceived blog. Hilarious, topical, occasionally seedy.

3. The Unblinking Ear - My Staten Island blogging competition would begin and end with The Unblinking Ear if he ever wrote about(or even acknowledged) Staten Island. As is no one does except Ben Johnson, but he has to share his blogs with a variety of people whom I cannot condone or condemn.

2. WFMU's Beware the Blog - The best radio station in the world has a blog befitting it's reputation. DJ's post wonderful articles on a diverse array of audiophile friendly topics. Several of the most interesting 2008 year end lists can be found on the blog right now!!!

1. New York Magazine's Vulture - The best pop-culture blog on the internet. Uniquely specific and detailed episode to episode coverage of television, culture news, mp3 roundups, and much more.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger PB said...

What's better than being mentioned twice in one day due to a vindictive fraternal spat?

I only wish I had spent last night finishing the post I started yesterday afternoon so that all the new traffic sent my way would have something new to read (and download). Instead I played video games on an outmoded piece of technology and rubbed one out to Suicide Girls.

Now there's a website that matters!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home