Monday, August 06, 2007

David Wain's A Busy Fellow Right?

Yesterday I skipped Blonde Redhead and I'm From Barcelona at McCarren to see the new State saturated comedy The Ten. While I don't regret missing an apparently mediocre set from a band I feel indifferent about(Blonde Redhead) or an apparently amazing set from a band I can't stand (I'm From Barcelona), The Ten did not please me as much as I'd hoped.

I've begun to feel that perhaps the cast of the State(and subsequently Stella and Reno 911), work their best magic in short snaps. Indeed the movie did bare this theory out as several segments sent me to the moon but the cohesive piece left me feeling unfullfilled.

Another example is the very funny (and $10.75 cheaper than a movie) debut of David Wain's internet show on MyDamnChannel.com. Here's hoping he ends up on regular TV again soon.*


*In good semi-related news Michael Showalter is producing a new show for Comedy Central that stars Michael Ian Black called... The Michael Ian Black Show.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Battering Room said...

I was worried that The Ten might turn out like that.

BTW - I feel the same way about BR and IFB

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Learn to spell his name correctly!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home