Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Besnard Lakes, Shitty Name, Remarkably Pleasant Album

"Remarkably Pleasant," probably sounds a little sarcastic. It's not though it's great. The sort of compiment I might toss around Beach House or Oh, Inverted World. Unlike those two albums though this album rattles you just enough to make it worth disecting a bit deeper. The music blurs at the edges; sometimes into noirish film score music other times into Queen like opratic-ness. Perhaps when I say pleasant I'm saying something about the mid tempo pop nature of the songs. The deliberate pacing gives the album the sheen of classiness that sneeks good albums into NPR territory. The Besnard Lakes Are The Dark Horse, I hate saying I like an album with a title like that.

Anywhoo, I feel good about this album. I predict a commendable level of replay-ability. Seriously I like this album and for some reason I feel like I keep comming off as sarcastic. Seriously.

The Besnard Lakes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home