Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Stella + Daily Show = Best Hour of TV around



Tuesdays are summer's best television nights. Come November after baseball season is over the best hour on television is 8-9pm Sundays on Fox. The one two punch of The Simpsons and Arrested Developement is simply the best hour block of TV shows I can fathom. But it's summer and to be honest I'm not even sure if Fox is aiiring repeats of Arrested Developement. That's ok their's another hour of television brilliance. Tuesdays 10:30 to 11:30 on Comedy Centeral. Stella has emerged as a rather devisive show, with one NY Times critic going so far as to quote a friend “I watched that thing as if my face was palsied, that’s how not laughing I was.” Well I stand in an aposing category. I believe the show is the most original piece of TV comedy in years. I also think that those guys are the employees of the month in the cackle factory. And then there is The Daily Show, my rock. If there was a show that I would hope to cradle me to sleep softly it would be The Daily Show (this weeks high light was Monday's wonderfully probing interview of Rick Santorum). TV is great when it wants to be!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree.

Of course TDS rocks, but Stella is hilarious. So nearly-outrageous and dry. So good.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home