Tuesday, August 21, 2007

High Places Are Back In Town


For months it seemed like you couldn't swing a cat without hitting a show that High Places were playing. I saw them open for Marnie Stern, Dan Deacon, No Age, and others. At this point I am eager to see them just for them!

If you don't know them perhaps it's time to introduce yourself. High Places appear to be one of Todd P's favorite bands. They're a two piece making arty-rhythmic-ambient-pop. I could continue hyphenating which is usually a terrible thing but their sound is seamless and inventive.

The band plays Glasslands in Brooklyn tomorrow night with Eats Tapes. I'm really psyched.


I spotted Mary Pearson (the singer of High Places) rocking out a few feet away from me at the YACHT performance at McCarren the other day. The below photo appeared on Pitchfork yesterday. Which reminds me The Fork Really Loved High Places' EP!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home