Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Murray Record Release Extravaganza This Saturday!


Murray is Staten Island's finest rock band probably ever. They are a well oiled killing machine with an excellent post-punk/new wave sound that is referential without being pastiche. I'm very find of their new EP, I was lucky enough to be among the first to hear it. You can hear some of it at their MySpace.

This Saturday the band will begin selling the record at a big showcase taking place at Staten Island's own Alice Austin House. It's going to be a hell of a show with cool art, DJs, a short film, and a performance from the band. I highly recomend you go. Sadly I don't have the chance as my cousin's wedding is that day. Go in my place!

Didn't get Sonic Youth tickets? I can assure you your average Sonic Youth fan could certainly fall in love with this band. Plus when was the last time you explored Staten Island? Probably never huh?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home