Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Current Temptation: More New CD's, Earth's Hibernaculum

This week I purchased 2 CD's. Panda Bear's Person Pitch and LCD Soundsystem's Sound of Silver. Other than purchasing Marnie Stern's album at her show and a number of used CD's I have not actually purchased physical music all year. (Don't worry bands my eMusic subscription is filltering money to some of you; Deerhunter, The Besnard Lakes etc.) While at my beloved Other Music though I was drugged by the need to own physical music. I pulled myself away only spending $30 but have in the back of my mind burning the desire to buy a fancy new Southern Lord release.

Hibernaculum is a collection of reworkings of older material from drone godfathers Earth. Earth are a band I've spent very little time with but I feel as though I know them well. They are the primary inspiration for one of my most beloved current bands: Sunn 0))). Hibernaculum is a CD/DVD set and the packaging made it all the more desirible. I suppose the reason I pulled myself away was my lack of familiarity with the band but my interest is kicking that sentiment's ass right now.

Basically, I'll be surprised if I'm not popping into Other Music after my weekly comic run.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home