Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My 3rd Favorite Album of Ever All Time In History: Jay Z 'Blueprint'


The Jay Z bug bit me sometime around Hard Knock Life. It was easy to see at that point Jay Z was not as angry as most rappers. He didn't rale against gays or women, not maliciously at least. He was a man content after a life full of strugle. 'Blueprint' is the living embodyment of everything that made Jay Z likable. It's the swagger and the smarts in equal meassure. This perfect mixture makes for a great album but personal connection makes for a favorite album and on this album I feel a personal connection in nearly everytrack. It's an album equally suited to solitary headphone listens and floor shaking big sub-woofer blasting parties. Plus it sounds HUGE! Everywhere and in every way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Wow! You totally surprised me with this choice man. I kind of figured some rap had slipped in there but I thought it would be Kanye or Dizee Rascal or something to the more geeky side of rap. Nice pick though.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i actually kinda thought this would be number 2.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home